Friday, May 25, 2007

Ya, um, what's that for?...

As I read through Hebrews, I find an interesting dynamic happening. My reaction to what I am reading is almost paralleling the way I currently feel in my day-to-day realtionship with God. Here's what I woudl say is snapshot of this..."Its' goin great,... that seems good,...there is no problem,...I like what I see, but I don't feela strong connection at all"

The whole sacrificial system, seems like there is some solid logic to it, but it seems so inadequate. Yes, in light of teh new covenant it is inadequate, and that is the point. But, even if you try to look objetively at it, it seems like I would have had some huge disconnects with it. I think I might have gotten bored with it. Where is the practical connection? Maybe its not supposed to be practical. Maybe I am not in touch with my sinfulness. Whn I am more aware of my sinfulness I feel a stronger need for Christ, I realize my inadequacies. Am I becoming too prideful? Or does God want me to experience this time? What could he be teaching me?

I have been thinking alot abotu Grace and Truth lately, and their balance in life. It seems like I am in a place where I am expereincing a measure of grace that is overshadowing teh truth of my sinfulness. Not that I have forgotten my sinfulness, but It is not factoring in to my day-to-day.

Its interesting, scripture is clear that it is the removal of our sinfulness that allows us to have a relationship with Christ, now and for eternity. Yet, while I am in this body, and in this world, it is the distance from my sinfulness that is keeping me from an intimacy with God.

I guess that's where grace needs truth. Because the truth is, I am not as far from my sinfulness as I feel or am aware currently. My God is a God of truth. And it is in that truth that He will relate and be intimate with me.

"Lord help me to see myself the way You see me..."

No comments: