Thursday, May 31, 2007

Discipline and Faith

Today as I read Hebrews 12 I am significantly in need of these words. v7, 'Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children." God thank you for your discipline, please guide me towards the heart condition or lesson I need to learn.

v12 references proverbs 4:26. This chapter tells its reader to gain wisdom and understanding at any cost. God, Give me wisdom. I know that you tell us, (James1) that you wil give wisdom to all who ask. I need your wisdom now.

I want to stress out or scramble to do 'what I can do' to fix this situation. I need to be patient. Seek you wisdom, and have FAITH that you will work where I cannot see. I know that this thing that I stress over is something you want to see successful. I will believe, like Abraham did, that you can bring about your promises in another way than I can see or than what goes along with nature. You are God, and you will be honored and praised in this event. I trust you Lord, you are faithful. Teach me your ways andlet me understand your intentions. I love you My God...

No comments: