Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Creating in Community

I've been reading a bit lately form some "creatives" about the creative process.  Great insights as I love being creative, but struggle with my analytic personality.  But one perspective I have not gotten from any "creatives" is the idea of creating in a community.  I bring this up because as I read through this passage in Colossians, and am reminded of others like it. When I read of God's creation, I get this image of God the Father and Jesus working together as a team to in the creative process. Previously, and I think most people do, I had the mental picture of creation where God the Father (only) was up in heaven and was chillin with the angels and they are just watching God cheering Him on, in awe of the things he is "speaking" into existence.  But now, I get a different image of God the Father and Jesus having some great discussion full of excitement and collaboration.  While they create and come to agreement on things, they poof into existence. Seems like a better image to me.  There is one flaw I guess, where is the Holy Spirit?  Not sure yet, haven't seen the scripture that creates that added mental image.

No comments: