Thursday, May 12, 2005

Finals Are really Final!!

I am proud to say that I was the first one done with my History of Christianity Final. It was the toughest one. Everyone was stressed out about it. I was so glad that he gave us a choice on the the essay. Anyways. Finals are over. I Now move into prep-mode for my class in Lisbon. I am sure that my studies will provide many new thoughts and ideas on youth ministry and ministry in general. I will give one thought to ponder for today....

As I listen to the passing conversations around campus during finals week I am pleased t hear my fellow seminarians encouraging each other. When it comes to finals there is a sort of camaraderie that surfaces. People are saying hey how's it going, and oh ya I had that one last semester, let me give ya some advice, or only X more days. But what really caught my ear was this type of comment, "Hey, just do your best, Jesus doesn't;t really care about your grades in Hebrew exegesis" Now, we all do no that yes he does care about our grades, and the other hand not so much. But the people that I hear saying this are some of the same people that kill themselves throughout the semester, and compare grades and compete with others.

Not very profound, but I ma very proud of my self this semester. I know that I could have spent many more hours studying certain classes, and I know that am here to learn and all of that. But I have really been aboe to balance things. This is big for me. But I think that most nights I was able to still spend time with my wife and get a good night sleep. I dis a good job studying but I am learning a greater lesson than who called the council of Pisa. I am learning how to balance ministry and my family, that is what I am really roped of this semester...

*Disclaimer: I have an amazing wife that works a fulltime job so that I don't have to work during the semester.

No comments: