Monday, February 07, 2005

Little Danny and The Work of The Spirit

I have recently been reintroduced to the theology of pedobaptism. While looking into the employment at a Presbyterian(PCA) church I was forced to relook at my views of Baptism. This lead me to ponder the work that the Holy Spirit has done in my life since my 1st/infant baptism. Was the Spirit at work in me from baptism or was I just drawn, beginning at some other point, to My faith? This brings to light a number of theological views, baptism, Soteriology(salvation), and free will vs. the sovreignty of God, Age of accountability.

I am not sure where The Holy Spirit began to work in my life. I would be very eager to say that He began before my conception Psalm (139:13). But the reason I am looking at this is my recent recolection of some events in in my Junior High days. I came to the Lord in Highschool and I never really heard teh gospel message until High School. But, I grew up attending a Lutheran Church, baptised as an infant, confirmed at age 14. looking at Soteriology as a more extended process rather than a singular event(which is what I hold to more) makes me think that the process started in Confirmation classes, atleast more directly.

I would like to contue lookin gin to this more. I will revise and make additions in the future.....

No comments: